Anchor Baptist Church
Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast... (Heb 6:19a)
• BIBLE: We believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be the verbally inspired Word of God, the final authority for faith and practice, inerrant in the original writings, infallible and God breathed. We use the King James Bible in our services. (II Tim. 3:16,17; II Pet. 1:21)
• JESUS CHRIST: We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful men. (Matt. 1:8; Luke 19:10; John 1:1,2,14) Jesus Christ accomplished our redemption through His death on the cross, a substitutionary sacrifice, and physically rose from the dead the third day following His death. (Matt 28:6; Rom. 3:24,25; II Cor. 5:21; Eph. 1:7) We believe in the personal, imminent, pre-tribulation, pre-millennial rapture of our Lord Jesus in the air for His saints, and the personal, visible, and glorious return of Christ to the earth with his saints at the conclusion of the seven year tribulation. (Acts 1:11; I Thes. 4:13-18; Rev. 1:7; 19:11-16)
• HOLY SPIRIT: We believe that the Holy Spirit is a Person, co-equal with God, who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment, and that He is the supernatural Agent in regeneration, baptizing all believers into the body of Christ at the point of belief. (John 16:7-15); I Cor. 12:12-14; Rom. 8:9) We do not believe that speaking in tongues is for this present age.
• SALVATION: We believe that salvation is the gift of God, brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in Jesus Christ, whose precious blood was shed on Calvary for the forgiveness of our sin. (John 1:12; 3:16; Rom. 6:23; 10:9-13; Eph. 2:8,9; Titus 3:5; I Pet. 1:18,19)
• ETERNAL LIFE: We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men: the saved to eternal life in Heaven, the unsaved to eternal punishment in hell. Heaven and hell are physical, literal places. (Matt. 25:41-46; Mark 9:42-50; Luke 16:19-31; John 11:25,26; II Cor 5:1-8)